montserrat & wine COUNTRY
What YOU will see & Do...
- See the inside of The Montserrat Basilica
- Guided walking visit of the Montserrat Complex
- Hear the Montserrat Boys' Choir
- Visit a Local Farmers' Market
- Visit a fourth generation family owned and operated winery
- Enjoy a guided wine and olive oil tasting
- A guided visit of the winery and vineyards
- Understand the classification system, grapes and wine regions used in Spain
Just an hour west of Barcelona, we find the most amazing mountain range - Montserrat. The name literally means serrated mountain. Many believing the peaks were carved by angels with golden saws. The views are stunning, so get your cameras ready!
The Basilica is dedicated to Catalonia's Patron Saint - Montserrat. We'll explore the different architecture and uncover the history of this Monastery that dates back to the 9th Century. Before leaving the Monastery you can listen to Europe's oldest boys' choir sing.
With over 2.9 million acres of vineyards, Spain is one of the world's largest wine producers. This great natural resource will be our focus this afternoon as we drive into the wine region of el Penedes. You will enjoy a guided visit of the vineyard and winery before we settle down to a tasting of the final product and some of their delicious olive oil!
Duration: 8 hours
1 to 6 TRAVELERS: €825
7 to 12 TRAVELERS: €975
Winery tour & tasting included.